I’ve written for NPR’s This I Believe, the Denver Post, and many other other popular and academic publications. In addition, I’ve written numerous academic and technical reports.
Popular Press and Media Appearances
- The Promise Of Pay For Success In Early Childhood. Guest post published online in What Works In America’s Communities.
- ‘Invest In Colorado’s Youngest Children.” Guest Commentary published in the Denver Post online, April 29, 2013.
- “The Spaces Between Us.” Essay accepted by This I Believe and read aloud on Bob Edwards Weekend, September, 2010.
- Interview on Colorado’s achievement gap on KCFR’s Colorado Matters, September 1, 2006
Book Chapters and Articles
- Brodsky, A. (2012). “Estimating the Costs of Early Childhood Systems.” In Kagan, S. and Kauerz, K. Early Childhood Systems Building. New York: Teachers College Press. 2012.
- Brodsky, A., DeCesare, D., and Kramer-Wine, J. (2010). Design and Implementation Considerations for Alternative Teacher Compensation Programs. Theory Into Practice, Volume 49 Issue 3, 213
Academic Publications, Reports, and Presentations
- Brodsky, A. (2016). Pay For Success In Early Childhood. Presentation to the Rocky Mountain Early Childhood Conference, Denver.
- Brodsky, A. (2015). Data Issues for Early Childhood Pay For Success Programs. Presentation to the Second Annual Social Impact Performance Advisors, San Diego.
- Brodsky, A., Workman, S., and Mitchell, A. (2014). Child Care Provider Characteristics and Net Revenues. Policy brief prepared for the U.S. Office of Child Care.
- Brodsky, A. (2013). Modeling The Costs and Benefits of Early Childhood Systems. Presentation to the Asia-Regional Network for Early Childhood, Singapore.
- Brodsky, A., Roberson, N., and Augenblick, J. (2013). Pay For Success Financing For Early Childhood Programming in Colorado. Report prepared for the Piton Foundation.
- Brodsky, A., and Roberson, N. (2012) Return on Investment for Early Childhood Investments in Colorado. Brief prepared for the Colorado Early Childhood Leadership Commission.
- Brodsky, A., Augenblick, J., and Cunha, J. (2012). Price Sensitivity in Student Selection of Public Four-Year Institutions in Colorado. Report presented to the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
- Brodsky, A. (2010). 2010 Maine Market Rate Survey: Analysis and Recommendations. Report presented to the Maine Department of Health and Human Services. Washington, D.C.: National Child Care Information Center.
- Brodsky, A., Palaich, R., and Rooney, K. (2010). Early Childhood Infrastructure Financing Study. Report presented to the State of Colorado Lieutenant Governor’s Office.
- Brodsky, A. (2006). Denver Scholarship Fund Needs Analysis: Technical Report. Colorado Children’s Campaign, Denver.
- Brodsky, A. (2006). Early Childhood Education in Denver: A Needs Analysis. Technical Report. Colorado Children’s Campaign, Denver.
- Brodsky, A. and Medler, A. (2006). “Glass Ceilings, Missed Connections: Promoting Minority Excellence to Foster Diversity in College.” Headfirst, Spring 2006.
- Brodsky, A. (2006). “Latino Students Lag Behind Their White Peers in Academic Proficiency.” Latino Suave, July/August 2006.
- Teske, P., Brodsky, A. and Medler, A. (2006). “Fix Achievement Gap In Colorado.” Denver Post, August 6, 2006.
- Schoales, V. and Brodsky, A. (2005). “Closing Colorado’s Achievement Gap”. Denver Post, November 20, 2005.
- Brodsky, A. (2005). 390,343 Children Left Behind: Who’s Closing The Achievement Gap in Colorado’s Schools? Colorado Children’s Campaign, Denver.
- Brodsky, A. (2004). “Review of Breaking Free”. Education Review, August 10, 2004.
- Brodsky, A. (2003). Project LEADS Evaluation Report. Report presented to the Boulder Valley School District.
- Kinner, F. and Brodsky, A. (2002, April). “Student Reactions to High Stakes Testing: Comparing Teacher and Student Responses”. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans.
- Brodsky, A. and Kinner, F. (2001). Effects of CSAP Testing in Boulder Valley School District. Report presented to the Boulder Valley District Accountability Committee.
- Brodsky, A. (2001). School Climate Issues Associated With Implementation of a Dual Immersion Bilingual Program. Report presented to the Boulder Valley School District.
- Brodsky, A. and Kissen, R. (2001, April). “The Six Steps of Not Becoming A Teacher: A Dialogue in Three Voices.” Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Seattle.